Ensure Your Student House is Safe Over The Christmas Break
Christmas is just around the corner and we’re feeling completely festive! Before you pack up your essentials and head home for the Christmas break, we have a few top tips to ensure your student housing is safe and secure when you’re away.
If you have any questions about what to do with your student accommodation over the festive break, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.
1. Make sure all your doors and windows are securely locked. If possible, keep a spare key handy, so you won’t be locked out after the Christmas break.
2. Completely shut your curtains and blinds before you leave and don’t forget small windows in your bathroom or kitchen.
3. Keep all of your valuables out of sight, and if possible, take them with you when you go home. Leaving expensive laptops and other expensive items is a recipe for disaster and is guaranteed to spoil your January if they’ve all gone!
4. Set your house alarm and know who to call if any problems arise.
5. If you staying close to your student accommodation over the next few weeks, try to pop in every so often to double check everything’s ok and as you left it.
6. Schedule your central heating to come on for an hour or so, every so often over the next few weeks. You don’t want frozen pipes when you return!
7. Try all of your appliances off at the plug. It’s annoying to have to turn them all back on when you come back, but it’ll help save a few pennies and that’s always a good thing!
8. If you have a good relationship with your neighbours (and we hope you do) call in and let them know your plans over Christmas. It’s great to have an extra set of eyes watching your home whilst you’re away and if you can give them a contact number for you, they can get in touch if anything does happen over the break.