Did you know that Liverpool has the highest proportion of residents with Irish ancestry of any English city? Well we do and we certainly know how to throw a party!
St Patrick’s Day is fast approaching (it’s on Monday!) so we’re here to make sure you know exactly where to head for a special night out.
Liverpool has lots of great Irish bars, both in the city centre and the suburbs. We think one of these is your best bet if you want a traditional celebration with a Guinness or two:
– O’Neill’s on Hanover street is always packed over the St. Patrick’s weekend, but you know you’re going to have a great night if you manage to squeeze into the crowd.
– Pogue Mahone’s located on busy Seel Street is a lovely little place to toast to the Irish.
– The Slaughter House on Fenwick Street promises Irish music, a free buffet and great giveaways all evening.
– Shenanigans on Tithebarn Street is a great little find, not too far from student halls.
– The Liffey on Renshaw street will be kicking off the celebrations early with live music from 12.30pm.
If you’re wondering what your regulars are doing for St. Patrick’s Day, you’ll be pleased to know both Bumper and BaaBar are having Irish themed festivities on Monday.