Halloween is finally here and if you’re following us on Facebook and Twitter, you’ll know we’ve been getting into the swing of all the spooky festivities. Our last Halloween inspired blog post proved the definitive guide to the best student nights out in Liverpool and this week, we’ve decided to turn our attention to staying in and getting freaked out with frightful cocktails and scary movies.
If you’re planning to get dressed up and comfy in your student living room tonight, you’ll need the ultimate scary film to get you into the Halloween spirit.
We’ve got the top 5 most frightful films we could think of:
1. The Shining- A classic and guaranteed to weave itself into your nightmares long after the final credits have rolled.
2. The Exorcist- It may be from the 70’s but don’t be fooled into thinking it has lost any of it’s horror. Guaranteed to have you petrified.
3. Psycho- A must see horror film from Alfred Hitchcock, you’ll be on the edge of your seat throughout.
4. Rosemary’s Baby- This will have you feeling completely uneasy within your own body- we’d say don’t watch this one alone.
5. Halloween- Most people are familiar with Michael Myers, and with the terror unfolding on Halloween night, tonight is the perfect time to start watching.
We must mention the Lantern Carnival which is taking place in Sefton Park this Friday night. From 6.30pm, the park will come to life with amazing illuminated lanterns. Not to be missed! Find more information here.
Happy Halloween students!